New Painting Provokes Comments


I found the original photo online of a woman dressed to the nines but with tennis shoes on.  What intrigued me was the orange stucco of the background and the crocheted skirt.  In the original picture the woman had the butt of a cigar stuck in her mouth!  She had a fan but it was at a different angle.  She was in a different chair.  Her face was totally different.  When I sent this painting out to a group of friends I got some very different reactions.  Most were bothered by the tennis shoes.  Some wanted more in the background.

I have not finished this painting, but I had to stop and re-evaluate it.  I think the shadows need work (especially on the right side of the chair.)  I would appreciate any helpful comments.  Thanks!

2 comments:

Sujay said...

Well done carry on.

tammy said...

i like the tennis shoes, and i think you might want to put the cigar in too...it would be super cool...and real