"Laundry" Makes the Cut



My painting "Laundry" was selected to be in the 22nd Annual Juried Competition of the Arts Council of York County (Rock Hill, SC).  I feel honored to be included in the show for the fourth straight year with a different judge each year.  Especially so, since I've only been painting that long!  Of course, I was always waiting to be an artist, but I copped out again and again--quitting art in college for literature, teaching English for years, taking an occasional drawing class.  Always saying when looking at art, "I could do that!"  Well, one day I had a "sit-down" with myself and said, "How many years do you think you've got?"  

Please take a look at my older posts as well.


4 comments:

Michelle Moore said...

Congratulations!!! The painting is lovely, and even more impressive in person (my person, on the second floor of the Warlick manse, gazing at this painting, that is). You are so talented!

Michelle Moore said...

Congratulations! This is a lovely painting, especially when viewed from the second floor landing of the Warlick manse. I'm in awe of your vision, Lucy!

Lucy said...

Michelle, thank you so much for your comments, and for your friendship!

Eileen said...

Congratulations, Lucy! I really like your work.