"Waiting #5" Waits No More




This watercolor painting won a merit award at the Southern Arts Society in Kings Mountain, NC recently.  Just as it came home, I got a call from a volunteer for Safe Alliance, an organization that helps victims of domestic abuse.  She asked me to donate to an art auction that will benefit Safe Alliance, so "Waiting  #5" will be on its way to another adventure.  I hope it finds a good home.

In case you're wondering what the #5 in "Waiting #5" is about, it's the 5th in a series of "Waiting" paintings I've done over the last few years.  It's a theme close to my heart, because I feel I waited most of my life trying on different lives, occupations, interests before I found what I want to do the rest of my life. Although I loved to draw and was once an art major before I switched to English literature, I never painted a painting until 6 years ago.  When I painted my first painting, it came out whole, and I've been painting ever since.  Waiting no more.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Merchant said...

Waits No More --- is a snapshot, a slice of life for those who no longer have to measure their lives by their watch. lovely.